Executive Director, Mrs. Angie Markum
Assistant Director, Mr. Drew Daugherty
Assistant Director, Mr. Bob Walter
About Ivy Academy
- Ivy is an environmental school. This means most of the student's learning is outside. Students MUST participate. There is no option of staying inside if their class is going outside, unless a doctor's note is provided. Doctor's notes cannot, however, be an excuse for the entire year.
- Ivy offers hands-on, project based learning.
- All teachers have email addresses that are provided to the parents. Please feel free to use these email addresses to contact your child's teacher with any concerns that you may have throughout the year.
- Ivy Academy offers small classes.
- Ivy Academy Dress Code is designed to ensure safety outdoors, to make sure students can move around comfortably, and that they can fully participate in class activities without worrying about ruining nicer clothes or being a distraction to others.
- Classes are held Monday - Thursday from 8:45-4:35
- Fridays are "Virtual." Assignments are to be completed and returned to class the following Monday. Assignments MUST be turned in on Mondays for credit.
- Ivy follows all holidays and breaks that Hamilton County follows. However, there may be some variances throughout the year, with notifications being sent home. For full details, see our calendar.
- Ivy follows all snow days, inclement weather, and late start days that are announced by Hamilton County. Please watch your local news for these announcements.
- Ivy provides catered lunches for those that qualify for Free/Reduced Lunches, and for those who wish to pay. (Free/Reduced Lunch Forms will be provided at Open House in August.) Students may also bring their lunches if they wish.
Breakfast & Lunch
Ivy participates in the free/reduced lunch program. For our records, all families must fill out the lunch enrollment form. Menus are published monthly so students know which days they want to purchase meals, or bring their own. Meal tickets may be purchased each Thursday during homeroom for the following week. Lunches cost $3.00 per day, breakfasts $1.50 per day.
Parent Volunteer Hours
Parents of Ivy students volunteer 5 hours per quarter. Details of the parent volunteer policy are passed out at Parent Orientation. Volunteer hours may be served by, but are not limited to, yard work, gardening, cleaning, baking, carpentry repairs, plumbing repairs, and driving for field trips. These hours are logged and in order to be in good standing for admittance for the following year, these hours must be fulfilled.